Ensure that production shipment windows are met and quality standards are maintained.
Maintain a productive and efficient work environment meeting schedules in a safe environment.
- Minimum Grade 12 completed
- 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing shipping environment role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- knowledge of MRP with experience with CMS MRP System an asset
- Good computer knowledge in excel and outlook
- Basic math understanding
- Must have a valid Forklift license (Counterbalance)
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Communicate to customer for any logistic or delivery issues
- Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems Requirements
- Good knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements. Able to go on customer web applications (covisint, ASN checker, TOMS etc...)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements/ department policies and practises.
- Follow MMS procedures and protocols
- Generates shipping papers and all miscellaneous papers (ie. Prototyples, samples, pilots, engineering orders...)
- Generate all way bills for Fedex, Purolator, Emery, etc...
- Generates all paperwork for returnable containers
- Able to work with Scanners and printers.
- Send ASN after shipments completed. Check system that ASN transmission is successful
- Print daily EDI requirements
- Drives forklift – stages FG product and loads as per customer requirements and unload trucks
- Ensures all window times are met
- Maintains area cleanliness and safety at all times
- Any other duties are required by manager
- Enters customer web sites, as required.(covisint, ASN checker, TOMS etc)
- Attendance for physical inventories as required
- Contribute and function as a team member at all times
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
- Plant floor (PPE required) and outside as needed
- Working within production deadlines and schedules
- Constant communication and organization between departments and employees
- Constant communication with employees, support departments and management
- Physically capable of driving forklift, and doing manual lifting, standing, bending
- Overtime as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Back up Supervisor in the event of absents or vacation, on shifts as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Identify and report any hazard(s) in the workplace;
- Report any accidents, injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost-time injuries, Occupational diseases or incidents;
- Use equipment, materials, and machinery only as authorized;
- Follow procedures and wear personal protective equipment as outlined in the health and safety manual
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations
- Inform, train and supervise employees to follow work procedures;
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with the health and safety policies and procedures as outlined in the health and safety manual;
- Conduct loss investigations where required, in accordance with the loss investigation procedure.
- Under Section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the direct supervisor has many responsibilities