- 18-Jan-2017 to 26-May-2017 (EST)
- Dresden, ON, CAN
- Full Time
• Millwright and/or Electrical and/or Tool & Die trades certification and/or combination of 3-5 years of Supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent English Communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent knowledge in operating maintenance tools and equipments
• Knowledge of automotive industry processes and operations; experience in working in unionized environment.
• Basic knowledge in computer software for windows
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to lead a team
• Strong technical and problem solving skills
• Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent attendance
• Ability to work efficiently with no supervision and directions
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent motivatior and mentor
• Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
• Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
• Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems requirements
• Respecting and understanding of the Customer/Supplier relationship
• Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
• Oversee the maintenance department (all trades)
• Provide a PM schedule that ensures machine robustness along with the coordination of production schedule needs
• Ensure all equipments and tools are maintained properly to avoid interruption of production and to minimize unnecessary downtime
• Analyze machine downtime to identify and correct mechanical problems
• Ensure availability of replacement parts for key manufacturing equipment to minimize unnecessary machine downtime
• Maintain maintenance related records
• To co-ordinate with outside contractors on any facility installations and to source the most effective repairs and upgrades cost
• Ensure production/maintenance area meets or exceeds labour standards
• To train, develop, mentor, direct and discipline subordinates of the department to ensure a productive, efficient and competent workforce to meet scheduled requirements in a safe environment.
• Provide regular constructive feedback and communication to subordinates on company policies, procedures and work standards etc. and to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures at all times.
Responsible for ensuring all training within the department is completed in a timely manner and documented.
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook.
• Ensure housekeeping inspections are conducted and that all areas are tidy and organized at all times
• Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job.
• Perform other duties as required