- 02-Aug-2016 to 26-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Springfield, TN, USA
- Full Time
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401k
Required Qualifications/ Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Proficient in machining, lathes, grinders, drill presses, bridge ports, and ability to operate any other machines.
- Experience with Hand Tools, Hand Grinders, Drills, etc.
- Mig, tig, and stick welding experience.
- Blue print reading skills.
- Measuring tools, scales, micrometers, calipers, experience.
- Experience welding fixtures and quality check fixtures.
- Demonstrate jig and fixture knowledge through a job interview and proficiency exercise.
Critical Success Factors:
- The employee must maintain an excellent attendance record, which is defined as being at work all the time and on time.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations using algebra and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to detailed but simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many variables in different situations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs assignments that range in complexity from simple machine repair to troubleshooting tooling.
- Insure compliance with Federal/State/Local safety and environmental regulations.
- Seek ways to reduce waste, manufacturing byproducts, and hazardous raw materials.
Effort/ Physical Demands/ Working Conditions:
- The employee is required to stand on his/her feet for long periods of time.
- The employee is required to use hand to finger, finger to finger, handle, or feel objects, and use hand tools or twist fasteners repetitively for long periods of time.
- The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, see and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- While performing his/her duties, the employee is regularly exposed to loud noises and electrical hazards.
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant communication withemployees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required.
- Office, Plant floor
- Travel as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Compliance with Occupational safety sections of Act.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to your Supervisor
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must wear all designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform other duties as required
Martinrea International Inc. https://martinrea.prevueaps.com