- 28-Nov-2016 to 27-Apr-2017 (EST)
- L5J 1J9, ON, CAN
- Full Time
- Have responsiblity over all plant employees and departments.
- Must oversee line stops, safety violations/accidents and chronic defects.
- Participate in the reviewing process of the following items;
- Development of budgets and controlling costs; review weekly forecasts, capital expenditures, headcount
- Strengthen the competitive position of the plant to enable growth through new business; review quotes and presentation to customers
- Development of business plans aimed at achieving established goals and objectives
- Development of policies and procedures
- Protect assets of the company
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Participate in internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the quality and environmental systems
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, the Employment Standards Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)). (Needs to be consistent with laws from the district of the div.)
- Creates and secures a safe and secure work environment
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Reporting relationships:
- Directly oversee the following positions: Maintenance Manager, Facility Manager, Toolroom Manager, Operations Manager, Materials Manager, Engineering Manager, Quality, HR, IT and Finance
- Reports to Corporate office: CEO or designate
Critical Success Factors:
- High level of time management and organizational skills
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded in delivery or cost. Liaison with customer wherever necessary to ensure customer is supported, travel to customer when required
- Remains abreast of new developments in the industry, and interchanges knowledge with other members of the organization
- Fosters and champions team spirit amongst plant personnel and encourage input and participation. Participates in and contributes enthusiastically towards the creation and growth of a spirit of openness, trust and respect throughout the entire organization
- Ensure and measure improvements made in the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
- Ensure that appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong communicator, both written and oral
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in automotive industry; 5 years at manager level.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing facility with strong technical and financial background
- Computer proficiency
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Strong leadership skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Corporate Profile Global Leader A global leader in the production of quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, and of fluid management systems, Martinrea International Inc. is a Tier 1 automotive supplier and supplier to other industrial sectors. As of August, 2011, the company employed approximately 10,000 people at 37 divisions in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Europe. Innovation Recognized for innovation in engineering solutions and thought-leadership in technologically-advanced product development and manufacturing, Martinrea's expertise includes fluid handling systems and a broad range of metal forming, including hydroforming, stampings, welded assemblies, class A and body and chassis systems. Public Company Martinrea International Inc. is a public company with its common shares trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the trading symbol "MRE".