- 12-Feb-2014 to 28-Feb-2014 (EST)
- Ajax, ON, CAN
- $30k - $35k
- Full Time
Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department through communication of policies and procedures and updating the HR systems accurately.
• Completion of/or in process of obtaining Diploma in Human Resources Management
• 12 – 24 months experience
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written)
• Knowledge of best practices
• Strong Coordination and organizational skills
Critical Success Factors:
• Excellent attendance
• Ability to interact with the Management Team in a professional manner to continually enhance the company's performance
• Desire to learn the business, understand the production process by walking the floor, and participating in production meetings
• A complete hands on approach is required to assist the plant in developing into a successful and profitable division of Martinrea, a multi-billion dollar company
• Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
• Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
• Ability to manage and direct subordinates on the day-to-day tasks in a fast paced environment
• Ability to mentor and guide subordinates to achieve overall departmental goals and objectives
• Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems Requirements
• Respecting and understanding of the Customer/Supplier relationship
• Adopt a common sense approach to identifying and addressing problems and control weaknesses
• Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
• Assist with the maintenance of the company's Performance Management systems; Performance Appraisal process, Progressive Discipline process and Performance Improvement Plan
• Ensure all system requirements are being met for tracking the company training; Update Employee/Department Training records in HR systems, update employees files and follow up where necessary
• Administer the plant's benefit provider, update employee changes in the on-line system, and assist employees with benefit questions and submission of forms.
• Assist employees with concerns and answer questions about the Martinrea Employee Handbook.
• Maintenance of employee files and communication boards; by keeping communication boards current and tidy and ensure employee files are neat, organized and up to date.
• Assist HR Manager with recruitment tasks; sorting resumes, and postings.
• Identity and implement improvements for HR department, to ensure it runs as efficiently and effectively as possible
• Assist with the Uniform program, by recording and responding to employee requests and communication to uniform representative
• Assist with the orientations of permanent and temporary employees and ensure their introduction to Martinrea is a positive experience. Complete the necessary administration to ensure they are entered into the HR systems accordingly
• Provide backup to HR Manager during absence; provide support to employees, Supervisors and Manager where possible.
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings