- 13-Jan-2017 to 31-May-2017 (EST)
- Springfield, TN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Vacation, Paid Holidays
Required Qualifications/ Education Requirements:
- BA / BS Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Desired Work Experience
- Minimum of three years of quality management experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Tier one automotive experience;
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing formal quality operating systems.
- Knowledge of PPAP & APQP
- Knowledge of TS16949 (including Core Tools & Rules for Achieving & Maintaining IATF Recognition) and ISO14001;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Computer and spreadsheet proficiency;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Critical Success Factors:
- The employee must maintain an excellent attendance record, which is defined as being at work all the time and on time.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions.
- Ability to apply understanding of details but simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many variables in different situations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides leadership and direction to the Quality Department;
- Develops, implements and manages quality operating systems;
- Ensures a high level of internal and external quality performance and customer service;
- Investigates (and corrects) customer quality issues and complaints;
- Develops, documents and maintains quality standards, inspection criteria and procedures;
- Provides technical and statistical support to Engineering, Tooling and Manufacturing;
- Administers document control process and oversees calibration and testing program;
- Provides and oversees quality inspection activities;
- Ensures quality of all purchased parts;
- Authority to shut down production and/or shut down a line due to quality issues
- Authority to quarantine parts
- Participates in LPA audits, internal audits, and other customer required audits.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Compliance with Occupational safety sections of Act.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to your Supervisor
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must wear all designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform other duties as required
Effort/ Physical Demands/ Working Conditions:
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management.
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands in a challenging and fast paced- team orientated environment
- Noisy environment
- Overtime as required.
- Office, Plant floor
- Travel as required