- 03-Apr-2017 to 02-Jun-2017 (EST)
- GTA, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Job Summary: Provides technical and administrative leadership for a small to medium team of engineering personnel.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Strong Program Management and leadership skills.
• Good computer proficiency / Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Welding background preferred.
• BS or MS (preferred) in engineering or equivalent.
• 10 years of related experience or equivalent.
• Typically manages and leads 5+ employees.
• Leads planning and tracking of engineering activities including risk assessment, budgetary performance, and program timing.
• Identifies opportunities for improvements in engineering practices to obtain increased operational efficiencies.
• Reviews and approves engineering records.
• Interviews and selects new personnel.
• Conducts performance reviews including individual employee development goals and disciplinary actions.
• Participates in development and ensures adherence to Martinrea Policies.
• Provides technical and administrative coaching and mentoring for engineering personnel.
• Required to work extra hours and travel to meet Customer needs.
• All other reasonable duties and responsibilities assigned as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
• 70% office, 30% plant floor (PPE required)
• Constant communication with employees, peers, management and customers
• Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
• Must work in accordance with all Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures
• Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company
A Global leader in the production of quality metal parts, assemblies and modules, and of fluid management systems. Martinrea International Inc. is a Tier 1 automotive supplier and supplier to other industrial sectors. As of August 2011, the company employed approximately 10,000 people at 37 divisions in Canada, United States, Mexico and Europe. Innovation recognized for innovation in engineering solutions and thought-leadership in technologically-advanced product development and manufacturing. Martinrea's expertise includes fluid handling systems and a broad range of metal forming, including hydroforming, stampings, welded assemblies, class A and body and chassis systems. Public Company Martinrea International Inc is a public company with its common shares trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the trading symbol "MRE".