- 20-Mar-2017 to 20-May-2017 (EST)
- Vuaghan, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Ensure compliance, maintenance & Occupational Health & Safety Management System and applicable legal requirements.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
- Post Secondary Education in the following:
- Health and Safety
- Human Resources
- Health and Safety Certification (Level 1 & Level 2)
- 3 4 years experience (Professional discipline)
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work independently and knowledge of best practices
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Responsible for all elements of the Health and Safety program, including but not limited to policy creation/ maintenance, program role out, training and communications as per Workwell standards.
- Health and Safety Representative, responsible for reporting performance measurables and concerns to Sr. Management.
- Employee Advisor for Health and Safety issues and concerns. Asses concerns and coordinate with various departments for completion. Follow up where necessary.
- Coordinate and participate in JHSC Workplace inspections and track action items. Coordinate and Co-chair and be the Secretary for the JHSC meetings.
- Liaison with Engineering department to put forth proactive H&S initiatives
- Management Advisor regarding Health and Safety legislation in relation to the workplace.
- Perform hazard and ergonomics assessments of workplace and provide feedback to Management
- Lead the ESRTW program by acting as Case Manager Provide support and training to Human Resources Coordinator
- Document Control for Health & Safety Systems
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)).Working Conditions:
- 50% Office environment, 50% Plant floor (PPE required)
Decision Making and Authority:
- Oversee the following position on a functional level (follow up and determine compliance):
- JHSC Members
- Authority of decisions:
- Responses to Accident Investigations or System Nonconformance's
- Procedural changes (to champion)
- Action items from inspection or audits
- Decisions and requests that require money
- Quantitative Measurements:
- Injuries, Lost time, Employee motivation, WSIB (NEER)
Martinrea International Inc. https://martinrea.prevueaps.com