- 12-Apr-2017 to 11-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Jonesville, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Basic Life, STD, LTD, EAP
Develops welding standards and parameters for current and new weld operations.
Develops welding, testing standards and process improvements to develop more cost effective methods of operation, improve quality, and meet internal and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the TS16949 and ISO 14001 Operating Manuals as they relate to the job function.
- Establish welding process and quality parameters for mig and spot welding operations.
- Assist in maintaining proper methods and standards for the quality and production coming off the spot welders, mig, and robot welders.
- Strong knowledge of theory, practice, and troubleshooting of resistance and projection welding applications and equipment.
- Establish procedures, processes and testing equipment for destructive and non-destructive testing of spot and mig welds with the assistance from the Quality Department.
- Assist in Metallurgical Studies that must be performed.
- Research and recommend new ideas and methods to improve welding.
- Prepare written cost reduction proposals, including cost justification.
- Establish equipment standards required for the Welding Department.
- Participate in the concept and design process of all weld fixtures and participate in FMEA's.
- Provide assistance, as required, for approved weld training programs.
- Perform special assignments, as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program on all welding and robotic systems.
- Develop and recommend welding systems, weld fixtures, robotics, and consumables.
- Responsible for welding dimensional process capability for new and existing processes.
- Identify and implement fail-safe welding systems to eliminate discrepant processes and parts.
- Participate in new Program Management activities.
- Study current welding processes for cost reduction and process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Engineering Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B. S. in Weld Engineering Technology and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with designing and programming robotic/automated welding systems. Experience in destructive and non-destructive weld testing. Knowledge of weld fixtures and gage design. Knowledge of weld parameters and processes. Strong organizational, leadership, analytic and interpersonal skills.