- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Jonesville, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement
Job Summary: This is a highly qualified position, to plan, design, arrange, change, optimize and supervise a manufacturing process. The main responsibility of manufacturing engineer is to create, document, develop, and implement procedures required to assemble, test process and manufacture products.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• University education (undergraduate degree at minimum, graduate degree preferred) in engineering and/or science
• Engineering in manufacturing field
• Three (3) to five (5) years of OEM (manufacturing) MRP/ERP system build, implementation, and support experience (automotive industry preferred).
• Ability to grasp modern technology quickly
• Highly proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio).
• Excellent communication skills (English – written and oral).
• Excellent time management and work organizational (prioritization) skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to resolve new and unique problems.
• Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing processes.
• Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
• Analysing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput.
• Collaborating with configuration control and design engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
• Conferring with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, material purchase, and evaluating products accordingly to quality standards and specifications.
• Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
• Working closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
• Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
• Providing engineering support in production department to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
• Supporting company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
• 50% office, 50% plant floor (PPE required)
Decision Making and Authority:
• No staff responsibility, however; the incumbent must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in order to be able to impart technical/process knowledge on a basis consistent with the needs/experience of the party being addressed.