- 19-Apr-2017 to 30-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Springfield, TN, USA
- Full Time
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401k/ Vacation/ PTO
Required Qualifications/ Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar position
- Forklift license
Desired Work Experience:
- Metal stamping, welding, assembly, quality, and material handling experience in a manufacturing environment
- Automotive Tier 1 experience
- Valid Forklift and propane handling license;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to perform basic math;
- Problem solving skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- CMS bar code scan to location
Critical Success Factors:
- The employee must maintain an excellent attendance record, which is defined as being at work all the time and on time.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions.
- Ability to apply understanding of details but simple written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving many variables in different situations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for "on time delivery" of products inside facility;
- Communicates openly with others, keeping them informed of issues and progress, shares job knowledge and works effectively with others;
- Performs forklift safety inspection daily;
- Operates material handling equipment in a safe manner;
- Identifies products and bins with labels and tags;
- Uses scanners to accurately report material movements;
- Notifies supervision of any safety, quality, materials and mechanical issues;
- All forklift drivers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production floor;
- Comply with Health and Safety Act (i.e. Use or wear all protective devices, report hazards, and accident/incidents, etc.)
- Follow guidelines, systems and rules as set out by your Employee Handbook, and Company Policies;
- Maintains/follows FIFO (First in/First out).
- Scan product in and out of WIP locations
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Effort/ Physical Demands/ Working Conditions:
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management.
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands in a challenging and fast paced- team orientated environment
- Noisy environment
- Overtime as required.
- Office, Plant floor
- Travel as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Compliance with Occupational safety sections of Act.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to your Supervisor
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must wear all designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform other duties as required