- 20-Apr-2017 to 19-May-2017 (EST)
- GTA, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Job Summary: Development and/or improvement of production processes.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• Post Secondary Education (Community College or Undergrad Degree) in the one of the following:
o Manufacturing (Tooling)
• 5 years experience in manufacturing/ tooling; 3 years program management experience; P.Eng designation is preferred
• Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
• Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
• Extensive knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Catia, UG)
• Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards. Determine and monitor all project goals
• Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.Requisition tooling, capital and tryout material for projects
• Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
• Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
• Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.Value analysis and value engineering ideas
• Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
• Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
• Regulate and alter workflow schedules according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times to expedite production operations.
• Asses and implement continuous improvement projects in relation to current or future project planning
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
• Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)).
• 50% Office environment, 50% Plant floor (PPE required)