- 04-Apr-2016 to 30-Jun-2016 (EST)
- Martinrea Canada
- Brampton, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Job Summary: Creates and maintains all CAD data relative to a program as specified by the Program Managers and/or designates, and perform estimator function.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• Formal training in specified CAD and Unigraphic programs.
• Good verbal and written English communication skills.
• Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge of die development software(s).
• Good computer proficiency.
• 3 years of related experience or equivalent.
Math Data and Drawings
- Picture and drawing of assembly
- Translation of Math Data to IGES and STEP file
- Check revised parts and generate drawings with dimensions
- Measure, cross section view and dimension check
- Making and modifying models and drawings
- Preparing and sending RFQ to weld cell suppliers, tooling suppliers
- Get price from supplier
- TBE for quotations
- Presentation material
- Investigation of weld
- Generating weld drawing and assembly process drawings
- Update plant layout drawing
- Manage the internal engineering change procedure – track documentation, tooling, quality updates to completion
- Communicate info regarding quotes and ECO properly i.e. through Engineering Admin
- Support plant layout activities, including proposals for new equipment layout and material flow studies.
- Formulate new design proposal for CI initiatives
Prepare new business quotations and solicit outside vendor quotations, as required
· Prepare all documentation as requested in Statement of Requirements (assumptions, piece cost
breakdowns, tooling cost breakdowns, packaging forms, etc.)
· Work with Advance Engineering and Sales representatives to respond to all cost issues
· Determine capital requirements and verify whether existing capital is available. If capital is not available, add
to quotation for management review
· Prepare service quotations
· Develop, implement and track cost reduction initiatives with Manufacturing and the customers
· Implement and maintain Bill of Materials and Routings for all parts in CMS system
· Perform program engineering assignments, as required.
· Follow and adhere to company polices related to Health, Safety and Environment and PPE requirements
· Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job