Job Summary: Perform routine parts inspection as per our quality processes
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
• Community College courses in Quality related discipline
• Certified Quality Technician (CQT) or equivalent preferred
• Strong verbal and written English
• Minimum 6 month related work experience
• Chassis background as required
• Perform First off, in-process and Last off inspections and approving samples before full production run, through the use of variable and attribute gauging
• Complete all required documentation: in process inspection sheets, first off/ last off tagging, non conformance (NCR)
• Responsible to maintain the integrity and cleanness of R1 fixtures on the shop floor.
• Participate and provide inputs to the continuous improvement program to enhance the quality of the products or processes.
• Effectively communicate and train Production Operators and other quality personnel in order to meet and maintain quality standards
• Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
• Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)).
• 100% work indoor on plant floor (PPE required)
Decision Making and Authority:
• Decision Making:
o Part Quality, (OK to run)
o Priority with Production interest
• On a functional basis this role has the following reporting relationships
o Report directly to the Quality Supervisor
• Perform other duties as required