- 15-Aug-2014 to 15-Sep-2014 (EST)
- London, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Health & Dental upon completion of probation period
Quality Manager Job Description and Critical Success factors.
- Ensure compliance to established policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Liaison with customers
- Ensure the quality of incoming / outgoing material.
- Ensure training, competency and performance of staff.
- Maintain equipment plan for replacement of existing and needed items.
- Coordinate problem investigation and completion of customer specific corrective action requirements
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense.
- Provide reports and documentation of key measurables as required, and maintain a system for communicating ongoing performance
- Understand and implement synchronous organization initiatives
- Ensure personal effectiveness through ongoing interactions and communications with all plant personnel.
- Ensure proper planning and control for all areas of responsibility (e.g. labour, overtime, equipment, travel, etc).
- Ensure employee safety
- Communicate ongoing assessments of current staff assignment and requirements
- Provide written performance appraisals and personal development plans for all staff.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process and quality system.
- Stop production, if necessary to correct quality problems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate recommendations or provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum directions
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be a team player
- Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
- Support Quality System and Environmental System requirements
- Ability to manage and direct subordinates on day to day tasks in a fast paced environment Respecting and Understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
- Ability to mentor and guide subordinates to achieve overall goals and departmental objectives Ability to travel internationally as required
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts or perform other duties/tasks that are of reasonable request by Management
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee and co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Excellent English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Advance knowledge in computer software for windows
- Excellent organizational skills
- Post Secondary Education in a related discipline
- 5 years experience in Manufacturing, environment Pref. Automotive.
- Knowledge of quality and environmental management systems
- Knowledge of SPC techniques in manufacturing
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in blueprint reading including GD&T
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
Martinrea International Inc. https://martinrea.prevueaps.com
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings