- 28-Feb-2014 to 28-Mar-2014 (EST)
- Vaughan, ON, CAN
Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department through communication of policies and procedures and updating the HR systems accurately.
Knowledge and Skills (Education):
- Completion of/or in process of obtaining Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Must be working towards Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP)
- 18 – 24 months experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of best practices
- Strong Coordination and organizational skills
- Assist with the maintenance of the company’s Performance Management systems; Performance Appraisal process, Progressive Discipline process and Performance Improvement Plan
- Manage the temporary worker population for Alfield.
- Coordinate the Martinrea Orientation Model for all temporary and full time employees. Complete the necessary administration to ensure they are entered into the HR systems accordingly
- Ensure all system requirements are being met for tracking of company training; Update Employee/Department Training records in HR systems, update employees files and follow up where necessary
- Administer Alfield’s benefit provider, Claimsecure; update employee changes in on-line system and assist employees with benefit questions and submission of forms.
- Assist employees with concerns and answer questions on the Martinrea Employee Handbook and other HR related questions.
- Maintenance of employee files and communication boards; by keeping communication boards current and tidy and ensure employee files are neat, organized and up to date.
- Assist HR Manager with recruitment tasks; job description creation, sorting resumes, and postings.
- Identity and implement improvements for HR department, to ensure runs as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Coordinate Uniform program by recording and responding to employee requests and communication to Cintas representative
- Provide backup to HR Manager during absence by providing support to employees, Supervisors and Manager where possible.
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)).
- 70% Office environment, 30% Plant floor (PPE required)
Decision Making and Authority:
- On a functional level the following position will oversee the HR Coordinator
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- Authority of decisions:
- How to communicate to Supervisors/ Managers
- Prioritization of workload
- Changes to HR processes, procedures, forms and polices
- Improvements to HR systems
- Improvements of communication to plant floor employees and Supervisors/ Managers
- Quantitative Measurements:
- Payroll of 300+ employees
- Perform other duties as required
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings